Introducing the Community Trust
The Sweet Track Counselling Agency was born in 2015 with a mission to support the local community of Glastonbury and surrounding areas with therapeutic support through individual counselling that can be accessed with ease and at a low cost.
The trust was set up because we were seeing an increase in people suffering as they were unable to access professional support for their mental health due to long waiting lists or high costs that can be associated with private therapy.
In 2018, the agency became registered as a Community Interest Company that ensures all profits and assets are used for the benefit of the local community.
We do not believe there is a one-size-fits-all-solution and recently we have taken strides towards offering more choice for members of the community in being able to access different types of therapy to suit their needs, respecting that every person is an individual and at different stages in their own personal journey.
Our current projects
- Low cost counselling
- Nature Assisted Therapy, a therapeutic support for young adults
- Community Support Groups (including art groups)
Collaborating with other organisations is incredibly important to us as it means we can offer choice in the style of therapy and support available. It also means we reach those who are most in need of help through our counselling service.
We work closely with partners who share our ethos, values and common purpose to support the community with their mental wellbeing.
Our current partners include:
- Hallr Woods – a community based educational project for youth based in the woods of Somerset – https://wilderwoods.org/hallr-wood/
- Clear Rising – a wellbeing organisation that provides professional and compassionate therapeutic support – clearrising.com
- Painted Horse – equine and eco therapy – https://paintedhorse.org.uk/
We welcome donations and apply for grants and take part in fundraising to help fund the running of the community trust and to help us develop new projects based on the needs of the community.
The Sweet Track Counselling Agency is a Community Trust. This means that we are a not-for-profit organisation and any monies we receive goes straight back into the Trust and back into helping the community.
We welcome donations and below we have listed examples of some of the costs associated to the services we provide:
- A donation of £5 will pay for the room hire of 1 x counselling session
- A donation of £25 will provide a 1-2-1 counselling session
- A donation of £40 will provide a single supervision session to ensure our counsellors receive the nourishment and support they need to support clients
The different ways you can contribute:
Donate via a bank transfer or set up a direct debit for regular giving
Bank: The co-operative bank plc
Bank Account Name: Sweet Track Counselling Agency CIC
Account Number: 65861404
Donate via a cheque
If you wish to donate via a cheque, please make it out to:
Sweet Track Counselling Agency CIC
The address to send to is:
44a High Street, Glastonbury, Somerset, BA6 9DX
Alternatively, if you live close by, feel free to pop by and meet us directly. We welcome the opportunity to meet donors face-to-face and express our gratitude.
Donate via PayPal
Raise money through online shopping
Please help support Sweet Track Counselling Agency CIC. when shopping online.
Use easyfundraising to shop with over 3,600 retailers including Amazon, Argos, John Lewis, ASOS, Booking.com, eBay, Boden, and M&S.